The above question is one of the ones we get asked alot. It's important for students, and potential students alike, to understand all the benefits of studying and achieving their CIM qualification. Great news is, the CIM does give its students the opportunity to use postnominal letters after their names with completion of the Level 6 and Level 7 qualifications.
Which courses give me letters after my name?
1) The following CIM courses will allow you to use post nominal letters after you have completed the course:
- Marketing Leadership Programme (Level 7)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Marketing (Level 7)
2) The following CIM courses will allow you to use post nominal letters after you have completed the course and hold a membership with CIM:
- Diploma in Professional Marketing (Level 6)
- Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing (Level 6)
If you complete the Diploma in Professional Marketing or Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing, you would be eligible to apply for Associate graded membership. Whilst you have this active membership, you can use the letters ACIM after your name.
Does my marketing experience have an effect on my postnominals?
Your existing experience could have an impact on which letters you can use. If you have 5-10 years' experience, you might be eligible to use MCIM letters after your name instead and can apply for a Member status membership with CIM.
If you have 10 or more years' of experience, you can also apply for a Fellow status membership with CIM, which of course has further benefits as a result, and would still use the MCIM letters after your name.
To find out more about CIM memberships, please see the 'membership types' page on their website.