This course is part of the Practical Professional Series of short courses, a unique collection of topical and hands-on one-day customisable workshops, which enable your staff to quickly and effectively address key business issues within your organisation. Designed to focus attention on practical business challenges, each workshop is delivered by an expert who will ensure that outcomes are relevant and useable in your specific context.
This short course will look at:
- Understanding the likely impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which will take effect from May 2018
- The changes that have been made compared to the existing Data Protection Act
- Understanding the likely impact of the proposed Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR) and when it is due to take effect
- The changes that are proposed compared to the existing PECR
- How GDPR and PECR are likely to impact on B2B businesses specifically
- The implications for marketing and the wider organisation
- How to assess likely risk from a data protection impact perspective
- How the rules on consent are changing
- The impact on personal data sharing and transfer
- What the potential fines for non-compliance could be
- What a Data Protection Impact Assessment is, how to carry it out and when it is mandatory
- How the data ‘landscape’ is changing and forecasts to 2025
- The difference between data creation and replication
- Key definitions used
- When there is a need for a Data Protection Officer
- How to ensure readiness for compliance
- What you need to do to prepare for when the regulations take effect
- What actions you need to take immediately
- How to use compliance as an opportunity to add value
We will design a one-day workshop that fits the specific issues that face your organisation, enabling those that attend not just to learn something new but to leave with a clear and simple action plan which can be addressed very quickly. We can offer this course as in-house for your organisation.
To find out more or to discuss your requirements, please contact Charlotte Lestienne.
What our students say
You really have been so so helpful, and I really appreciate it. CMC are lucky to have such wonderful staff who really go the extra mile.
Cambridge Marketing College has amazing tutors, friendly administration staff and great teaching material.
The tutors were fantastic and all the materials provided were great. I always recommend Cambridge Marketing College.
26 September 2017, £349.00 + VAT
29 November 2017, £349.00 + VAT
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: