Updated on 11 March 2021 to reflect CIM changes to restrict resubmission to marks between 45-49% (previously 40-49%)
The CIM have created a resubmission option for candidates receiving between 45-49% for their assignment modules.
Resubmissions are based on the original brief, with the same theme and the same organisation.
Which modules can I resubmit?
All CIM assignment modules:
Level 3 Foundation Certificate and Foundation Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Communications in Practice
- Digital Fundamentals
Level 4 Certificate and Certificate in Digital Marketing
- Planning Campaigns
- Customer Insights
- Digital Marketing Techniques
Level 6 Diploma and Digital Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Marketing & Digital Strategy
- Innovation in Marketing
- Digital Customer Experience
- Managing Brands
- Digital Optimisation
Level 7 Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Corporate Digital Communications
- Creating Entrepeneurial Change
What is the process?
1) You must register for the resubmission with 5 working days of getting your results. You need to contact the College to discuss first. Drop an email to email@example.com
2) You will be charged the standard CIM assessment fee. You pay the fee by calling CIM Studying Membership Team on +44(0)1628 427120 (option 1). You will need to pay by debit/credit card
3) You will receive a breakdown of the marks by Task from the CIM within 3 working days of your payment.
4) You then amend your assignment based on the CIM mark sheet. You must highlight the changes by using a highlighter function, or bold, or text in a different colour. It must be easy for the examiner to see the changes.
- For April 2023 assessments, you must register to resubmit by 9th June 2023 and email your resubmission by 14th July 2023
- For July 2023 assessments, you must register to resubmit by 7th October 2023 and email your resubmission by 20th October 2023
- For December 2023 assessments, you must register to resubmit by 16th February 2024 and email your resubmission by 22nd March 2024
6) The pass mark is capped, so the highest mark you can get is 50% which is a pass. If you have now passed, the CIM will send out a Certificate
- For April 2023 assessments, results are released on 11 August 2023 and a digital Certificate is sent on 25th August 2023
- For July 2023 assessments, results are released on 17th November 2023 and a digital Certificate is sent on 1 December 2023
- For December 2023 assessments, results are released on 19th April 2024 and a digital Certificate is sent on 3rd May 2024
What do I submit?
All resubmissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date (see section 5 above). Address the email subject line ‘Cambridge Marketing College Resubmission for (your membership number)’
- your original (failed) assignment
- your reworked assignment for resubmission
- a resubmission form
Can I get a lower mark?
No. If you pass a resubmission, the highest mark you can be awarded is 50%. This is the pass mark and you will have passed the module.
If you get a lower mark on the resubmission, then your previous mark will stand.
Do I have to resubmit?
No. You can retake in the normal way.
Is there a cost?
Yes, you will be charged the standard assessment fee for the CIM
Should I retake rather then resubmit?
You may wish to retake if:
you would prefer to use a different organisation, or a different assignment theme
you would prefer to move onto another module and come back to the one that you have failed.
What about the Global Marketing Decisions module?
This cannot be resubmitted. Although this has become an assignment whilst Covid-19 restrictions are in place, this is classified as an Examined module and so is not included in the resubmission process.
Updated on 11 March 2021 to reflect changes introduced by CIM. Previously resubmissions were available for marks between 40-49%. From April 2021, this is changed to 45-49%.