Spread the cost of your course*
Take advantage and make an initial payment of £370 by credit/debit card, then spread the remaining amount over 6 equal monthly instalments of £279.50/month
* Available for UK bank accounts only.
£1295.00* + VAT
Sustainability communications Mandatory
Reference ID: DL585
The CIPR's new Specialist Diploma in Sustainability Communications - aimed at PR professionals in management roles - will help you to drive the sustainability agenda. Deepen your understanding and play your part in helping your organisation to demonstrate its positive impact on society and our planet.
What you will learn
- Explore the role of PR in advocating for sustainable business and organisations.
- Discover the 17 SDGs and their links to both diversity and Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG).
- Examine how strategic PR aligns in theory and practice with organisational sustainability goals.
- Understand how to research, interpret and analyse sustainability data.
- Identify the link between sustainability, reputation, and crisis and risk management.
Online distance learning tuition
- Introductory one-to-one tutorial, with tutor to discuss what is involved in studying
- Tuition from practising PR professionals, with experience in a variety of sectors
- Access to the Learning Zone, with a weekly structure of videos, podcasts and reading
- Specialist textbook provided
- Closed Slack channel, with daily posts on contemporary PR topics
- One-to-one tutor support for the assessment
Find out what our students receive in their study package as part of this course.
There are lots of free resources available within our student community to ensure you gain the best learning experience possible!
- Learning styles support and practical toolkits to help with your studies.
- The ‘Marketer’s Sustainability Toolkit’ shows you what you need to action in your organisation.
- Fortnightly personal development and career webinars.
- Informal Friday ‘Drop-ins’ which follows a current topic for students to discuss and generate ideas.
- Two podcasts; one follows the opinions of our experts and the other welcomes guests from the industry.
- CIPR Professional PR Certificate,
- OR One year's employment in PR, PLUS CIPR Specialist Certificate in Internal Communication OR CIM Diploma OR UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent),
- OR Two year's employment in PR, PLUS CAM Advanced Diploma in Marketing Communications OR NCTJ Diploma OR UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Course module :
Sustainability communications MandatoryStudy hours: 150, split into a provided weekly study plan.
- The role of PR in advocating for sustainable business and organisations.
- The 17 SDGs and their links to both diversity and Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG).
- How strategic PR aligns in theory and practice with organisational sustainability goals.
- Researching, interpreting and analysing sustainability data.
- The link between sustainability, reputation, and crisis and risk management.
Assessment: Work based assignment.
What our students say
You really have been so so helpful, and I really appreciate it. CMC are lucky to have such wonderful staff who really go the extra mile.
The tutors were fantastic and all the materials provided were great. I always recommend Cambridge Marketing College.
Cambridge Marketing College has amazing tutors, friendly administration staff and great teaching material.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: