Spread the cost of your course*
Take advantage and make an initial payment of £300.00 and £70.00 administration fee by credit/debit card, then spread the remaining amount over 6 equal monthly instalments.
* Available for UK bank accounts only.
£1295.00* + VAT
Internal Communications Mandatory
Reference ID: DL582
Develop specialist knowledge and practical tools to use in your internal communications. In just 3 Units, you will understand the importance of your internal communications and the impact this has on your company culture, work out a strategy to engage with colleagues and evaluate the outcomes.
Designed for both generalist public relations/communications practitioners wishing to enhance their understanding of internal communications and for those looking to specialise in internal communication as a career. This qualification will be of interest to practitioners who have experience of internal communication activities or in a related discipline, such as human resources management.
Online distance learning tuition
- Introductory one-to-one tutorial, with tutor to discuss what is involved in studying
- Tuition from practising PR professionals, with experience in a variety of sectors
- Access to the Learning Zone, with a weekly structure of videos, podcasts and reading
- Specialist textbook provided
- Closed Slack channel, with daily posts on contemporary PR topics
- One-to-one tutor support for the assessment
- CIPR Professional PR Certificate,
- OR One year's employment in PR, PLUS CIPR Specialist Certificate in Internal Communication OR CIM Diploma OR UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent),
- OR Two year's employment in PR, PLUS CAM Advanced Diploma in Marketing Communications OR NCTJ Diploma OR UK Bachelor's degree (or equivalent).
Course module :
Internal Communications MandatoryStudy hours: 150, split into a provided weekly study plan.
Apply key concepts in internal communication:
- The evolution of internal communication as a strategic management function;
- Organisational structures, leadership and management;
- Organisational culture and its impact on internal communication practice;
- The role of internal communication in major change management programmes;
- Using effective approaches to communication and engagement.
Define internal communication and engagement models and concepts:
- Keeping employees informed and the employee voice;
- Work engagement (how employees become engaged);
- Internal communication and organisational engagement;
- The psychology of communication and engagement;
- Listening, authenticity and dialogue.
Critically evaluate and implement internal communication planning, including:
- Audit and research methodologies; communication and organisational engagement;
- Internal communication planning and management;
- Advanced channel management, content creation and curation;
- Measurement and evaluation of outputs and outcomes;
- Applying principles of ethical and professional practice
- Production of management reports, recommending performance improvements.
Assessment: 3,000 word Management proposal outlining recommendations for developing strategy and performance improvement PLUS a supporting 2,000-word Review of the Proposal for change
What our students say
You really have been so so helpful, and I really appreciate it. CMC are lucky to have such wonderful staff who really go the extra mile.
The tutors were fantastic and all the materials provided were great. I always recommend Cambridge Marketing College.
Cambridge Marketing College has amazing tutors, friendly administration staff and great teaching material.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: