"Marketing apprenticeships have really taken off recently. They enable the apprentices to earn while they learn whilst giving the employer the advantage of a highly motivated member of staff who is keen to put their learning into practice. At the induction, managers are usually looking for their apprentices to improve their confidence by acquiring knowledge and skills, leading to behavioural change that is almost always recognised in their quarterly reviews." - Keith Rowland, Apprentice Tutor
Roles this apprenticeship applies to
Marketing Managers, Marketing and Communications Managers, Corporate Communications Managers, Product/Proposition Managers and Insight/Innovations Managers, who reports to the Marketing Director.
How this apprenticeship works
- 20% of work hours spent off-the-job training
- Blended learning, with online study materials, a monthly one-to-one Skype tutorial and topic specific webinars
What do I get?
- An apprenticeship qualification Level 6
- Professional Awarding Body recognition* **
* Meet the requirements for registration as an Affiliate Member with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
** We have mapped the content of the apprenticeship to the CIM Level 6 Diploma in Professional Marketing. This allows the apprentice to achieve a dual certification. Extra fees for assignment support, CIM membership and assessment fees will apply.
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 24 months. The end point assessment period is up to 5 months thereafter. The cost is £9,000.
Skills and behaviours
- Advanced interpersonal and communication techniques
- Service delivery and improvement
- Resource management
- Planning and analysing
- Commercial approach
- Agile and flexible
- Creative and commercial thinking
- Resilience and continuous improvement
- Professionalism and emotional intelligence
End point assessment
To complete the apprenticeship, apprentices have to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA). This includes:
- A Project Showcase - 3 marked components based on an end-to-end Marketing Plan that the apprentice has designed and developed during the EPA with their employer
- A 70-minute Professional Discussion (with the assessor) - assesses the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours holistically
Section 1: Marketing Concepts & Theories
- The Principles and Theories of Marketing
- Brand Development and Safeguarding
- Consumer and Organisational Behaviour Theories and Concepts
- Advanced Stakeholder Management and CRM
- Marketing Communication Planning Models and Budgetary Methodologies
- Innovation in Marketing
- Managing Brands
Section 2: Business Understanding and Commercial Awareness
- The Organisation’s Vision, Mission, Values, Strategy, Plans, Stakeholders, Customers and Stakeholders
- The Wider Business perspective in which Marketing Operates Nationally and Internationally
- How to Measure and Deliver ROI
- The Relevant Industry/Sector Specific Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Frameworks
Section 3: Research & Insight
- Effective Market Research and Evaluation Techniques and Methods
- Reliable information Sources and Metrics
- New and Emerging Trends and Themes in Marketing
Section 4: Product, service and proposition development
- The Principles of Product and Service Design and Implementation and Portfolio Management
- The Features and Benefits of Different Marketing Communications and Routes to Market
What our students say
I already feel more confident in my ability and understanding within an industry I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in. When you know, you know right?
If you're questioning if an apprenticeship is worth it or wondering if it's the right route for you...give it a go. Especially if you want to become a marketing wizard or hottest content creator out there. You'll be amazed at what you can learn.
Really positive and really beneficial. I have been able to put into practice on a daily basis.
I have passed! I’m so surprised, pleased and thankful! I will be shouting from the rooftops on LinkedIn about my amazing Cambridge Marketing College course very soon. This course really gave me the structure, expertise and encouragement from my tutor to actually become a Marketer. A huge thank you to everyone!
The course material follows a logical structure and
provides a variety of learning methods depending on preference. The level of
support provided by the college is outstanding. My learning is tailored to my
personal objectives and work priorities which means I can balance workloads
alongside developing my career aspirations as a marketing professional.
Cambridge Marketing College’s apprenticeship courses
are brilliant - there is a wealth of knowledge and different types of media
freely available. The tutors are always available to answer questions and push
you to achieve your best. This course has given me the courage to challenge
myself and the organisation I work within!
Register your interest!
To register your interest, or if you have any questions about the marketing apprenticeships, contact Charlotte Lestienne on:
The College is approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education and is listed on the Register of Training Apprentice Providers (RoATP). It is also a member of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and an End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) for the PR & Communications Assistant apprenticeship. All our policies (including Prevent Strategy, Health and Safety, Complaints procedure, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding) are available on request by contacting email@example.com.