Roles this apprenticeship applies to
Marketing Executives, Marketing Officers, Marketing Specialists, Communications Executives and Specialists, who report to a Marketing Manager.
How this apprenticeship works
- 20% of work hours spent off-the-job training
- Blended learning, with online study materials, a monthly one-to-one Skype tutorial and topic specific webinars
Qualifications achieved from this apprenticeship
- A level 4 apprenticeship qualification
- Professional Awarding Body recognition* **
* Meets the requirements for registration as an Affiliate Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
** We have mapped the content of the apprenticeship to the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing. This allows the apprentice to achieve a dual certification. Extra fees for assignment support, CIM membership and CIM assessment fees will apply
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 15 months. The end point assessment period is up to 5 months thereafter. The cost is £6,000.
Skills and behaviours
- Project and time management
- Communication and presentation techniques
- Stakeholder engagement
- Campaign co-ordination, evaluation and analysis
- Agility and flexibility
- Creative thinking
- Professionalism and emotional intelligence
End point assessment
To complete the apprenticeship, apprentices have to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA). This includes:
- A 90-minute multiple choice test
- A Project Showcase - 3 marked components based on an end-to-end marketing plan, which the apprentice has designed and developed during the EPA with their employer
- A 50-minute Professional Discussion (with an assessor) - assesses the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours holistically
Section 1: Marketing Concepts & Theories
The Role and Scope of Marketing and Market Orientation
Activities include: Research and analyse the orientation of your organisation and record the reasons for your conclusions; Find out how segmentation is undertaken in your organisation – write a short report for your Line Manager on the key characteristics of your major segment(s)
Activities include: Obtain and read a copy of your organisation’s Marketing Plan. Does it have all the information you would expect? Are the objectives SMART and do they link to your corporate objectives clearly? How is progress measured and how often is the Plan reported against and to whom? Compile a list for discussion of the key strengths and any weaknesses in the Plan.
Brands and Corporate Reputation
Activities include: Select one of your organisation’s key brands and analyse it. What positioning is used and how does this fit with the target market segment(s)? Is there a clear brand image and personality? What is the brand strategy? What does your organisation know about its corporate reputation? Does it have a strategy for managing this? How does it monitor and measure its reputation?
Stakeholder and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Activities include: Identify the key stakeholders and publics for your organisation. Assess their power and influence and different needs/objectives.
- Customer Behaviour
- The Marketing Environment and Audit
- Marketing Information & Research
- The Marketing Mix (7Ps)
- Applying the Marketing Mix
Section 2: Planning Campaigns
- Campaign Planning
- Internal and External Situational Analysis
- Developing a Successful Campaign
- Implementing a Successful Campaign
- Monitoring a Marketing Campaign
- Post Campaign Evaluation
Section 3: Digital Marketing Techniques
- Digital Marketing Tools and Techniques
- Applications of Digital Marketing
- Integrating Digital and Traditional Marketing
- Enhancing Stakeholder Engagement
- A Digital Marketing Plan
- Digital Marketing Analysis
What our students say
I’d also like to mention that Thomas McAlinden was a tremendous tutor, extremely supportive and highly knowledgeable about marketing and it was an absolute pleasure to be tutored by him. I believe those studying the Level 4 apprenticeship with him as their tutor will perform exceptionally well due to his encouragement, guidance and support.
Cambridge Marketing College’s apprenticeship courses
are brilliant - there is a wealth of knowledge and different types of media
freely available. The tutors are always available to answer questions and push
you to achieve your best. This course has given me the courage to challenge
myself and the organisation I work within!
Really good. I am enjoying it very much”: It’s opened my eyes to things I didn’t know” such as “how I shop as a consumer. My Line Manager is very helpful and supportive and my tutor is lovely and helpful. It’s reassuring to know I can reach out to him.
The course material follows a logical structure and
provides a variety of learning methods depending on preference. The level of
support provided by the college is outstanding. My learning is tailored to my
personal objectives and work priorities which means I can balance workloads
alongside developing my career aspirations as a marketing professional.
I’ve really appreciated both of your support throughout the course. The communication when handing in my submissions and receiving results was clear and supportive. My 121 sessions with Neil have been full of information and support, developing my knowledge of Marketing. I've always received quick responses when emailing queries or questions to my tutor and College.
Really positive and really beneficial. I have been able to put into practice on a daily basis.
Register your interest!
To register your interest, or if you have any questions about the marketing apprenticeships, contact Charlotte Lestienne on:
The College is approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education and is listed on the Register of Training Apprentice Providers (RoTAP). It is also a member of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and an End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) for the PR & Communications Assistant apprenticeship. All our policies (including Prevent Strategy, Health and Safety, Complaints procedure, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding) are available on request by contacting email@example.com.