Build, protect and maintain positive reputation for brands, organisations and individuals. Understand the role of PR today and what it takes to effectively plan and create great PR content.
Our PR & Communications Assistant apprentices are often new to PR/communications, but after the in-depth programme they learn and can use the skills of planning communication, of writing engaging content for the media or social media, of developing internal communications, and in how to evaluate communications.
Benefits for the apprentice and employer
- Apprentices learn vital skills they can apply directly to their roles, including planning and implementing campaigns, producing written and non-written content, evaluating PR activity
- Apprentices will be fully qualified in 19 months
- It is a cost effect training solution for your company
Who is this apprenticeship for?
Typical job roles are Junior Account Executives, Junior Consultants, Junior Press Officers, Junior Publicists, Public Affairs Assistants, Campaign Assistants, PR Assistants and Communications Assistants.
How this apprenticeship works
- Minimum of 6 hours off-the-job training per week
- Blended learning, with online study materials, a monthly one-to-one online tutorial, and topic specific webinars
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 15 to 18 months. The end point assessment period is up to 14 Weeks thereafter. The cost is £9,000.
End point assessment — EPA
To complete the apprenticeship, apprentices have to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA). This assessment includes:
- A knowledge test
- A project report
- A portfolio
- A 10 minute presentation
- A 25 minute Q&A