Who is this apprenticeship for?
Today every organisation needs a Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability champion to innovate, drive ambition and realise opportunity at a time of significant societal change.
Anyone passionate about social and environmental change, whether working in a small or large organisation as part of a team or on their own. Typical job titles might be Corporate Responsibility Administrator or Sustainability Coordinator.
This apprenticeship has been chosen to mark the King’s Coronation in recognition of its sustainability credentials.
"These gold-standard, sustainable apprenticeships offer people the chance to embark on exciting new careers... and contribute to creating a more sustainable economy"
Gillian Keegan, Secretary of State for Education
Benefits for the apprentice and employer
- Understanding the opportunities and challenges of CR&S initiatives and developing and delivering CR&S projects relevant to your organisation
- Developing a Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability champion able to engage and enthuse all the organisation and stakeholders
- A cost effective training solution for your company
- Staff will be fully qualified in just 24 months
- Apprentices will benefit from a free membership at the Institute of Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability (ICRS) while studying. On completion of the apprenticeship, apprentices will be eligible to become an Associate and in time, a Fellow of the ICRS.
The College is committed to the CR&S agenda and we have our own qualified, in-house Champion. We have been teaching Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), sustainable and ethical marketing and communication skills for over 30 years.
How this apprenticeship works
- Minimum of 6 hours off-the-job training per week
- Blended learning, with online study materials, a monthly one-to-one online tutorial and topic specific webinars
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 24 months. The end point assessment period is up to 6 months thereafter. The cost is £12,000.
Skills and behaviours
- Strategy development and project planning
- Identifying CR&S opportunities and threats
- Researching the CR&S landscape
- Managing change
- Building stakeholder relationships
- Creative thinking
- Fund raising, budget and event management
- Actively champions the CR&S agenda
- Committed to developing self and others to support CR&S engagement
- Seeks innovative ways to add value to CR&S issues while remaining objective
- Ethical and non-judgmental
End point assessment
To complete the apprenticeship, apprentices have to complete an End Point Assessment (EPA). This includes:
- Professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based project followed by a report and a presentation with questions and answers
Section 1: Challenges and Opportunities
- Context and challenges
- Benefits and opportunities
Section 2: The Principles
- Frameworks, including the 17 UN SDGs SDFs and SDEs and the Circular Economy
- Corporate Responsibility models and theories
- Inspiring initiatives
Section 3: The Role
- From Expert to Ambassador
- Champion to Practitioner
Section 4: Internal Relationships
- Stakeholders, structure and teams
- Building working relationships
Section 5: External Relationships
- Stakeholders and Partnerships
- Engagement and fund raising
Section 6: The Learning Agenda
- Teaching and learning
- Developing and supporting
- Motivation and personal development
Section 7: Analysis – Where Are We Now?
- Strategy and planning models
- Situational analysis and mapping
- Internal and external environment
- Research and data
Section 8: Planning – Where do we want to be?
- Setting objectives
- Developing a strategy
- Identifying tactics
- Risk and impact analysis
- Prioritising options
- Writing the business case
Section 9: Implementation – How to Make it Happen
- An implementation plan
- Project management
- Change and culture management
- Implementing Change
Section 10: Control – How to Measure Progress
- Monitoring and measuring
- Metrics and analytics
- Quality assurance
- Data and budget management
- Analysing and evaluating
What our students say
Cambridge Marketing College’s apprenticeship courses
are brilliant - there is a wealth of knowledge and different types of media
freely available. The tutors are always available to answer questions and push
you to achieve your best. This course has given me the courage to challenge
myself and the organisation I work within!
The course material follows a logical structure and
provides a variety of learning methods depending on preference. The level of
support provided by the college is outstanding. My learning is tailored to my
personal objectives and work priorities which means I can balance workloads
alongside developing my career aspirations as a marketing professional.
I already feel more confident in my ability and understanding within an industry I can't wait to spend the rest of my life in. When you know, you know right?
If you're questioning if an apprenticeship is worth it or wondering if it's the right route for you...give it a go. Especially if you want to become a marketing wizard or hottest content creator out there. You'll be amazed at what you can learn.
I have passed! I’m so surprised, pleased and thankful! I will be shouting from the rooftops on LinkedIn about my amazing Cambridge Marketing College course very soon. This course really gave me the structure, expertise and encouragement from my tutor to actually become a Marketer. A huge thank you to everyone!
Really positive and really beneficial. I have been able to put into practice on a daily basis.
Register your interest!
To register your interest, or if you have any questions about the marketing apprenticeships, contact Charlotte Lestienne on:
The College is approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education and is listed on the Register of Training Apprentice Providers (RoATP). It is also a member of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and an End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) for the PR & Communications Assistant apprenticeship. All our policies (including Prevent Strategy, Health and Safety, Complaints procedure, Equality & Diversity and Safeguarding) are available on request by contacting email@example.com.