Who is this apprenticeship for?
This apprenticeship is for Marketing Executives, Marketing Officers, Marketing and Communications Officers, Marketing Specialists, Communications Executives and Communications Specialists — reporting to a Marketing Manager.
How does it work?
- 20% of work hours spent off-the-job training
- Blended learning, with online study materials and a monthly one-to-one Skype tutorial, plus topic specific webinars
What does it cover?
- Marketing concepts and theories
- Business understanding and commercial awareness
- Market research techniques
- Products and Channels knowledge
What do I get?
- New knowledge, skills and behaviours
- An apprenticeship qualification Level 4
- Professional Body recognition*
* To maximise the value of the apprenticeships we have mapped the knowledge content of the apprenticeship to the CIM Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing. This allows the apprentice to achieve a dual certification – both the CIM qualification and the Marketing Executive Apprenticeship. Extra fees for assignment support, CIM membership and assessment fees will apply.
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 16 months. The end point assessment period is up to 5 months thereafter. The cost is £6,000.
Section 1: Marketing Concepts & Theories
- Market Orientation, The Extended Marketing Mix: 7Ps, and Segmentation
- Marketing Planning
- Brands and Corporate Reputation
- Stakeholder and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Integrated Marketing Communications and Campaigns
- Digital Marketing Tools and Techniques
Section 2: Business Understanding and Commercial Awareness
- The Characteristics and Plans of the Business and Sector including Vision and Values
- How Marketing Contributes to Wider Business Objectives
- Consumer Decision Making Processes
- Sector Specific Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Frameworks
Section 3: Market Research
- Primary vs Secondary and Qualitative vs Quantitative Data
- Internal and External Data Sources
- Market Research Techniques – Online and Offline
- Data Quality and Validity
- Insight, Presentation and Reporting
Section 4: Products and Channels
- New Product Development and Portfolio Management
- Channel Management and Strategy
- Marketing Communications Tools and Techniques
Skills and Behaviours
- Project and Time Management
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Presentational Skills
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Campaign Co-ordination
- Evaluation & Analysis
- Agility and Flexibility
- Creative Thinking
- Resilience & Continuous Improvement
- Professionalism and Emotional intelligence
End Point Assessment
To complete the apprenticeship and ensure the Standards have been met, apprentices have to complete an end-point-assessment (EPA), an independent End Point Assessor approved by the Register of End Point Assessors. The assessment includes:
- 90 minute Multiple Choice test
- The Project Showcase has 3 marked components and is based on an end-to-end Marketing Plan that the apprentice has designed and developed during the End Point Assessment and with their employer.
- The Professional Discussion is a 50 minute discussion with the assessor which will assess the apprentice’s knowledge, skills and behaviours holistically.
You can find more information about the Marketing Executive Apprenticeship on the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education website.
What our students say
Really good and really interesting having an academic perspective. I am Enjoying that there are lots of different theories. The Online Learning Zone is easy to use. At the beginning, I used to study on Fridays but this didn’t work because people were off, so Fridays were really busy. Now I am booking the study time in meeting rooms and it is much better!
It is really interesting. I don’t have formal training so all the theory is really useful. The Learning Zone is easy to use and easy to navigate in. It’s all interesting. I’m not a reader, so love the videos and doing things. I like talking through with my tutor because he has a different perspective.
I am really enjoying it and I am finding the Learning Zone engaging. I look forward to the catch ups with my tutor. All is very relevant. It doesn't feel like work because I am enjoying it. It's not easy but it's enjoyable and I am passionate about communications.
Really positive and really beneficial. I have been able to put into practice on a daily basis.
Register your interest!
To register your interest, or if you have any questions about the marketing apprenticeships, contact Angie Annies on:
The College is approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education and is listed on the Register of Training Apprentice Providers (RoTAP). It is also member of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and an End Point Assessment (EPA) Organisation for the PR and Communications assistant apprenticeship. All our policies (i.e. Prevent, Health and Safety, Complaints, Safeguarding policies) are available on demand.