Who is this apprenticeship for?
This apprenticeship is for Marketing Assistant; Marketing Communications Assistant; Marketing Campaigns Assistant; Brand Assistant; Promotional Assistant - reporting to a Marketing Executive, a Marketing Manager or a Marketing Director.
How does it work?
- 20% of work hours spent off-the-job training
- Blended learning, with online study materials and a monthly one-to-one Skype tutorial, plus topic specific webinars
What does it cover?
Read the full details on the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education website.
What do I get?
- New knowledge, skills and behaviours
- An apprenticeship qualification Level 3
- Professional Body recognition*
* This apprenticeship is designed to meet the requirements for registration as an Affiliate Member with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
* To maximise the value of the apprenticeships we have mapped the knowledge content of the apprenticeship to the CIM Level 3 Foundation Certificate in Marketing. This allows the apprentice to achieve a dual certification – both the CIM qualification and the Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship. Extra fees for assignment support, CIM membership and assessment fees will apply.
Duration and cost
The learning section of the apprenticeship is up to 18 months. The end point assessment period is up to 5 months thereafter. The cost is £7,000.
— Coming soon —
End Point Assessment
To complete the apprenticeship and ensure the Standards have been met, apprentices have to complete an end-point-assessment (EPA), an independent End Point Assessor approved by the Register of End Point Assessors. The assessment includes:
- Knowledge test - 40 questions closed response questions (multiple-choice questions)
- Work based project Showcase - The project may be based on any of the following: • Business specific need – such as a tactical marketing issue • A specific problem • A recurring issue • A new business idea or opportunity
You can find more information about the Marketing Assistant Apprenticeship on the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education website.
What our students say
It is really interesting. I don’t have formal training so all the theory is really useful. The Learning Zone is easy to use and easy to navigate in. It’s all interesting. I’m not a reader, so love the videos and doing things. I like talking through with my tutor because he has a different perspective.
Really positive and really beneficial. I have been able to put into practice on a daily basis.
I am really enjoying it and I am finding the Learning Zone engaging. I look forward to the catch ups with my tutor. All is very relevant. It doesn't feel like work because I am enjoying it. It's not easy but it's enjoyable and I am passionate about communications.
Really good and really interesting having an academic perspective. I am Enjoying that there are lots of different theories. The Online Learning Zone is easy to use. At the beginning, I used to study on Fridays but this didn’t work because people were off, so Fridays were really busy. Now I am booking the study time in meeting rooms and it is much better!
Register your interest!
To register your interest, or if you have any questions about the marketing apprenticeships, contact Angie Annies on:
The College is approved by the Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education and is listed on the Register of Training Apprentice Providers (RoTAP). It is also member of the Association of Employment and Learning Providers (AELP) and an End Point Assessment (EPA) Organisation for the PR and Communications assistant apprenticeship.