29 November 2017, £349.00 + VAT
12 December 2017, £349.00 + VAT
16 January 2018, £349.00 + VAT
27 February 2018, £349.00 + VAT
22 March 2018, £349.00 + VAT
10 April 2018, £349.00 + VAT
The courses are directly tailored to:
- your organisation
- your market
- how you use data for marketing purposes
- how aligned you are currently with the new requirements arising from the new regulations
- your specific concerns
We will explain the key changes that will impact on your business and help you to create a plan to address them.
- How the data ‘landscape’ is changing and forecasts to 2025
- The changes that have been made compared to the existing Data Protection Act and the current PECR
- The impact on your organisation and markets specifically
- The implications for marketing and the wider organisation
- How to assess likely risk from a data protection impact perspective
- How the rules on consent are changing
- The six bases for lawful processing of individuals’ data - consent is just one
- The impact on personal data sharing and transfer
- What the potential fines for non-compliance could be
- What a Data Protection Impact Assessment is, how to carry it out and when it is mandatory • The difference between data creation and replication
- Key definitions used
- When there is a need for a Data Protection Officer
- How to ensure readiness for compliance
- What you need to do to prepare for when the regulations take effect
- What actions you need to take immediately
- How to use the changes as an opportunity to add value to both your customers and your organisation
Who should attend?
The courses are specifically aimed at marketing personnel to enable them to understand what needs to be put in place to be ready for May 2018. Compliance is vital and data collection, processing and communications will be at the forefront of any organisations’ planning for this.
The key is to secure ‘buy-in’ at all levels to ensure that action is taken.
Therefore, it can also be invaluable to include IT, finance, service, human resources, sales and senior management personnel in the courses.
If you currently have a Data Protection Officer, he or she may also benefit from attending.
What will you get as a result of attending?
At the end of the course, you will have a clear understanding of what GDPR and PECR mean to you and your business. You will take away your own, practical, action plan which can be implemented immediately.
You will be in a position to convince your organisation to invest the necessary time and financial resources to prepare for when the new regulations come into force.
You will know where to go to find out more as you implement the changes needed internally.
About the course leader
The course leader is Steve Bax from Bax Interaction. Steve is a Chartered Marketer, a member of the Market Research Society and a Fellow of Cambridge Marketing College. He is a highly experienced trainer and has been teaching marketers the key aspects of the Data Protection Act and the current PECR for over 12 years.
To find out more or to discuss your requirements, please contact Charlotte Lestienne.
What our students say
Thank you for the short training course regarding GDPR. It was very well presented and has left us with lots to think about within our Company
I feel so much more confident now about the GDPR regulation coming next year – Steve laid out all the facts clearly and gave us the tools to build an action plan to tackle the challenges to ensure we comply. I would definitely recommend this course and I’d do it soon!
Cambridge Marketing College has amazing tutors, friendly administration staff and great teaching material.
The tutors were fantastic and all the materials provided were great. I always recommend Cambridge Marketing College.
You really have been so so helpful, and I really appreciate it. CMC are lucky to have such wonderful staff who really go the extra mile.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: