The new Professional PR Diploma syllabus is built around first learning about practical methods, tools and concepts which give you the confidence to take this back to the workplace. The CIPR Diploma is for more experienced professionals and is taught and assessed at postgraduate level. The course focuses on strategic public relations and students will be encouraged to analyse critically and appreciate PR as an integral part of successful business practice.
In order to be able to study this course, students must:
- hold the CIPR Advanced Certificate; OR hold a relevant postgraduate professional qualification, PLUS one year’s full-time employment in a public relations or relevant environment;
- OR, hold a degree in business/marketing/management/communication studies, PLUS one year’s relevant full time employment;
- OR, hold any other UK degree, PLUS two years’ experience in PR;
- OR, have four years’ relevant full-time employment in PR, PLUS five GCSE passes, one of which must be in English Language.
This course usually takes 12 months to complete.
This courses comprises 3 units in total.
PR Strategy & Planning Mandatory
- Importance of organisational branding and reputation
- How different PR disciplines work effectively together
- The relationship between corporate and PR objectives
- Situation analysis, environment monitoring and issues identification
- Creative approaches to problem identification
- PR planning
- Stakeholder identification and mapping
PR Content, Communications & Engagement Mandatory
- Compelling strategic narrative
- Creative problem solving approaches
- Content creation and curation
- Key messages and storytelling techniques
- Persuasion in PR campaigns and communication activities
- Listening to stakeholders
- Issue management principles and practice
- Social media community management
PR Management, Measurement & Evaluation Mandatory
- Advise and coach senior managers
- Integrated campaign management
- Project management techniques
- Budget and resource management
- Principles of ethical practice
- Risk assessment and management
- Competencies for team management
- Relationships and management
- Efficiency and effectiveness of PR activities
Assessment is by three written assignments: Executive report (and summary situation analysis), a thought leadership article (and statement of reflection) and a management proposal outlining recommendations for performance improvement - each 4,000 words.
What our students say
The CIPR Diploma has provided me with excellent theoretical knowledge needed in this ever increasingly demanding and competitive communications environment. Working with CMC provides a platform to apply my learning directly into my profession, where both my employer and I have benefited. Going back into education was always a daunting prospect, but the CIPR Diploma course has provided me with first hand support whenever it was asked for, giving me the best possible chance of securing not only invaluable knowledge, but a good grade too.
Thank you, Alan, so much for your brilliant tuition and support throughout the course. I thoroughly enjoyed the days at Nottingham – they were always extremely well-planned, engaging and full of detailed content – and I felt you were always there for valuable help and feedback whenever we needed extra support out of lesson time.
I would highly recommend the CIPR Diploma course run by Cambridge Marketing College. It has allowed me to reflect on and understand what guides my practice, and has vastly improved my strategic thinking. Applying some of the learning has directly contributed to bringing additional work and funding into my unit.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: