The CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing gives you the required knowledge, skills and understanding at management level to take a strategic approach to marketing planning, understand key marketing metrics, and interpret relevant insight to make informed strategic decisions.
This specialist pathway is for all marketers who are making their career in the Sports sector, whether your business is to do with products or services, or both.
A Marketing or Business degree with a minimum of 50% of credits in Marketing or over 4 years’ marketing experience.
Specialist tutor and course materials
In addition to the standard study materials, you will receive additional textbooks and have an experienced Sports Course Leader, Nick Wake.
The full qualification usually takes 12-18 months to complete.
Each module requires 150 hours of study and can also be studied on a modular basis with each completed module giving you a CIM Award.
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
The course consists of two mandatory modules and one elective from a choice of two, which are detailed below.
Strategic Marketing Mandatory
- Using Strategic Marketing planning to achieve competitive advantage
- Situation analysis and assessing the external and internal environments
- Effective decision making
- Employing monitoring and measurement techniques to achieve objectives
Mastering Metrics Mandatory
- Measuring and managing marketing data for effective decision making
- Effective marketing analysis, analytics tools and techniques
Driving Innovation Elective
- Embedding innovation to help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving market place
- The relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship
- Key factors in building and nurturing innovation
- The role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation
- Implementing change programmes
Digital Strategy Elective
- Implementing digital marketing capabilities in strategic marketing planning
- Macro and Micro environments
- The impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives
- How marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to marketing needs
- Management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures
Assessment for Strategic Marketing is by examination; all other modules are assessed by work-based assignments.
What our students say
I undertook the Professional Certificate in Sports Marketing to supplement the experience I have gained from working in the football industry, and to prepare me for the many challenges that lie ahead in my career. The course is both relevant and challenging, and the support provided by my tutor Nick and the whole CMC team has been first class.
I opted to study the CIM Professional Diploma in Sports Marketing to realise my dream of working in the Sports Industry. I took the course via distance learning and cannot fault the support of my tutor and all the staff I dealt with at Cambridge Marketing College. Through completing my assignments I gained valuable insight and exposure into marketing at sports organisations, and ultimately the CIM designation was instrumental in helping me move Industries. I now work as an Account Representative at a global sports brand and do not think I would have achieved this had I not completed this qualification. Thank you Cambridge Marketing College!
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: