The CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing gives you the required knowledge, skills and understanding at management level to take a strategic approach to marketing planning, understand key marketing metrics, and interpret relevant insight to make informed strategic decisions.
This pathway is the only marketing qualification tailored specifically for those working in the Professional Services sector and is offered in conjunction with the Professional Services Marketing Group (PSMG). You will benefit from a specialist Professional Services course leader, Nigel Clark.
A Marketing or Business degree with a minimum of 50% of credits in Marketing or over 4 years’ marketing experience.
The full qualification usually takes 12-18 months to complete.
Each module requires 150 hours of study and can also be studied on a modular basis with each completed module giving you a CIM Award.
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
The course consists of two mandatory modules and one elective from a choice of two, which are detailed below.
Strategic Marketing Mandatory
- Using Strategic Marketing planning to achieve competitive advantage
- Situation analysis and assessing the external and internal environments
- Effective decision making
- Employing monitoring and measurement techniques to achieve objectives
Mastering Metrics Mandatory
- Measuring and managing marketing data for effective decision making
- Effective marketing analysis, analytics tools and techniques
Driving Innovation Elective
- Embedding innovation to help organisations deal with the challenges of a fast-moving market place
- The relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship
- Key factors in building and nurturing innovation
- The role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation
- Implementing change programmes
Digital Strategy Elective
- Implementing digital marketing capabilities in strategic marketing planning
- Macro and Micro environments
- The impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives
- How marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to marketing needs
- Management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures
Assessment for Strategic Marketing is by examination; all other modules are assessed by work-based assignments.
What our students say
Cambridge Marketing College has amazing tutors, friendly administration staff and great teaching material.
I just wanted to advise that my study books have arrived today. Wow! That’s very impressive. I wasn’t expecting such a volume of professionally presented publications and study aids as part of the fee - this already way surpasses the support I experienced with a previous marketing college, and I haven’t even logged in to my course yet! As we know, customer experience is paramount and, as a new student and ‘client’, the CMC has made me feel very valued indeed. Thank you. Looking forward to my bedtime reading! ;) Many thanks indeed..
I found the whole organisation, content and quality to be exceptionally high. The coursework was challenging (especially balancing with a demanding full time job!) but provided great insight to enable me to take the next steps in my career. The tutors were also very helpful indeed.
The tutors were fantastic and all the materials provided were great. I always recommend Cambridge Marketing College.
It had been over 12 years since I had undertaken any further education so the though of study filled me with dread. Juggling a new job, family commitments and studying for my Diploma took a lot of hard work but the support and assistance from the College, lecturers, PSMG and fellow students was fantastic and a great team spirit rapidly built up.
The students and teachers of the CIPR qualifications at Cambridge Marketing College are to be congratulated. A 100% pass rate is a real achievement and testament to everyone’s hard work and the quality of the teaching and students. Congratulations once again from all at the CIPR.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: