The CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing gives you the required knowledge, skills and understanding at management level to take a strategic approach to marketing planning, understand key marketing metrics, and interpret relevant insight to make informed strategic decisions.
This specialist pathway is for all marketers who are making their career in the B2B field, whether your business is to do with products or services, or both.
A Marketing or Business degree with a minimum of 50% of credits in Marketing or over 4 years’ marketing experience.
Specialist tutor and course materials
In addition to the standard study texts, you will received specialist textbooks and be supported by our experienced Course Leader, Dr Tony Wilson.
The full qualification usually takes 12-18 months to complete.
Each module requires 150 hours of study and can also be studied on a modular basis with each completed module giving you a CIM Award.
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
The course consists of two mandatory modules and one elective from a choice of two, which are detailed below.
Strategic Marketing Mandatory
- Using Strategic Marketing planning to achieve competitive advantage
- Situation analysis and assessing the external and internal environments
- Effective decision making
- Employing monitoring and measurement techniques to achieve objectives
Mastering Metrics Mandatory
- Measuring and managing marketing data for effective decision making
- Effective marketing analysis, analytics tools and techniques
Driving Innovation Elective
- Embedding innovation to help with the challenges of a fast-moving market place
- The relationship between marketing and entrepreneurship
- Key factors in building and nurturing innovation
- The role of internal marketing in supporting a culture of innovation
- Implementing change programmes
Digital Strategy Elective
- Implementing digital marketing capabilities in strategic marketing planning
- Macro and Micro environments
- The impact of the disruptive digital landscape in delivering objectives
- How marketing mixes can enable organisations to respond with agility to marketing needs
- Management of digital channels and the application of key digital measures
Assessment for Strategic Marketing is by examination; all other modules are assessed by work-based assignments.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: