The CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing aims to provide the practicing marketer with relevant, contemporary marketing content to equip them for the current global landscape. It introduces you to the fundamentals of marketing, digital marketing and marketing communications. This specialist pathway is for all marketers who are making their career in the B2B field, whether your business is to do with products or services, or both.
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or 2+ years’ experience in a sales or marketing role.
Specialist tutor and course materials
In addition to the standard study materials, you will receive additional textbooks and have an experienced B2B Course Leader, Dr Tony Wilson.
The full qualification usually takes 12-18 months to complete.
Each module requires 130 hours of study and can also be studied on a modular basis with each completed module giving you a CIM Award.
Successful completion of three modules will lead to the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing.
The course consists of two mandatory modules and one elective from a choice of two, which are listed in detail below.
- Marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results
- Customer behaviour and effective targeting
- External environmental influences and decision making based on environmental auditing
- Applying the Marketing Mix to address market and customer needs
Integrated Communications Mandatory
- Building sustainable relationships and delivering customer value
- Communications planning and delivering marketing solutions
- Product and brand management
- The marketing communications mix and planning
Customer Experience Elective
- Customer requirements within different contexts
- Customer expectations and how to deliver experiences to meet and exceed these
- Effective monitoring and measurement techniques to improve experience
Digital Marketing Elective
- The digital landscape and how to develop skills to improve effectiveness
- Challenges and opportunities within the digital environment
- Tools required to support and enhance marketing activities
- Effective monitoring and measurement techniques
The assessment for Marketing is by a 2 hour, multiple choice examination; all other modules are assessed by work-based assignments.
What our students say
All my materials have arrived and I've had a nice chat with my tutor and I'm all set! Just like to say how friendly, supportive and helpful everyone's been, I'm really impressed with the course, website and materials, I'm so pleased I chose cmc! Thanks again.
Other available courses:
We're here to assist!
If you have any questions about this course or would like confidential advice, please do not hesitate to get in touch: