How to study
Cambridge Marketing College offers very flexible methods of study to suit your needs or availability. View all study options.
Since the College was founded in 1991 we have grown to become the largest marketing college in Europe with a wide network of distance and overseas delegates from over 100 different countries around the world. Click here to find out more.
As our reputation overseas has grown we have developed a range of study options to meet the wide ranging needs of delegates studying around the world. We call this our World Service. We have also established overseas distance learning study centres in Europe, The Middle East and The Far East.
Kiran Kapur, our Distance Learning Course Director, explains our World Service programme:
We have 2 Study Options for our World Service plus a range of optional extras so that you get exactly the right support for you. Both options allow you to start your studies when you want, choose when and where you want to study and set your own pace.
Option 1: World Service – 18 months support
This option provides delegates with unlimited access by Email to a dedicated specialist tutor for each module of your course for up to 18 months. Our tutors are practising marketing professionals who bring both teaching skills and current business skills to our courses. They will answer questions which arise during your studies, and provide examples and guidance on additional resources. This option also includes access to live webinars with tutors and other delegates which run throughout the year. Timetables are provided on the College website and you can book your place on the webinars you want to join on-line. To take a tour of our Delegate Learning Zone click here
Option 2: World Service - Modular 6 months support
This option provides the same level of support as Option 1 but gives you more flexibility to spread the cost and pace of your studies. Support for each module is for up to 6 months and costs start from £300 dependent on level. To apply for single modules please complete the appropriate application form indicating the module you wish to study.
Both options also include the following:
Course Director Support
We have an experienced Distance Learning Course Director, Kiran Kapur, who provides support to all distance learning and overseas delegates. Kiran‘s role is to help you get started, work out a personal study plan, be there to answer questions and help you keep your studies on track. This support is in addition to personal tutor support for each module of your course.
Study Guides and Handbooks
Over the years we have developed a high quality set of Study Guides, compiled with leading publishers. They are complete with a step by step guide to the syllabus, real life examples, self test exercises and related assignments. They are downloadable and use the latest Adobe E-Book Reader software allowing onscreen reading, highlighting, and annotation - making them a truly portable resource. Alternatively you can download and print them. In addition the College has published a set of 11 Handbooks written by tutors and leading marketing practitioners which are provided as EBooks.
We have been at the forefront in developing on-line delegate support. The delegate section of our website provides you with access to:
- tutor course notes and slides
- past exam papers and assignments,selected specimen answers and examiners reports
- a research facility including hotlinks to journals, other marketing organisations and useful websites
- podcasts of Cambridge evening lectures freely available to download
- webinars or on-line tutorials which can be attended live or re-visited
- LinkedIn Group for delegates enabling you to ask questions and form real or virtual study groups
- Cambridge Marketing Review - the quarterly journal published by the College
We know from experience that everyone has different learning styles and study preferences. Our ability to offer flexible choices to meet delegates needs has been one of the key drivers of our success. Consequently you may select any of the additional optional extras listed below if they are not part of your chosen World Service Option. And you do not have to decide everything in advance – you can request additional support as and when you need it. The extra support options are:
- More time – if you need more time to complete your studies you can extend the period of your tutor support on a module by module basis.
- More tutor support - if you want more tutor support for all or any of your modules you can upgrade at anytime to have additional one to one tutoring. We can arrange audio or video sessions with your tutor for any or all of your modules. You will only have to pay for the time you actually use.
- Taught Sessions – if you are able to travel and decide during your studies that you would like to upgrade to attend a taught weekend in the UK you may do so for any or all of your modules.