How to study
Cambridge Marketing College offers very flexible methods of study to suit your needs or availability.
We have successfully taught distance learning to thousands of delegates over the last 20 years. Distance Learning is available anywhere in the UK and also overseas via our World Service. One of the key benefits of distance learning is the flexibility. You can start when you want, choose when and where you study, and set your own pace. If you want to complete your course quickly you can have tutor support at the same time for as many modules as you need. If work or other pressures mean you need to slow your studies down you can extend your support and even upgrade to attend taught sessions.
We have a specialist Distance Learning Course Director, Kiran Kapur, who will help you get started on your studies, work out a personal study plan with you, be there to answer questions and help you keep your studies on track.
Watch Kiran explain our Distance Learning programme:
Our distance learning options include:
Specialist tutor support for each module - our tutors are practising marketing professionals who bring current business experience and proven teaching skills to our courses. Many are Chartered Marketers and they consistently deliver excellent pass rates. There is no limit on the number of times you may contact your tutor by Email.
Study Guides printed and available electronically - allowing onscreen reading, highlighting, and annotation - making them a truly portable resource. The Guides include links to the syllabus, reading references, self test exercises, real life examples and assignments to be completed and marked by your tutor. Feedback from your tutor will help you monitor your progress and see how you can improve your assignment or exam technique.
Set of Handbooks and/or textbooks for all UK based delegates - delivered to the workplace so that you do not have to spend time and resources finding the right materials. Recommended reading lists are provided for World Service delegates to access locally to keep their courier costs to a minimum.
On-Line Support through the College website - once registered you will be given a password to enable you to log on to the delegate section of the website which gives you access to:
- On-line tutorials enabling you to discuss topics and ask questions of other delegates and your tutors
- Downloadable Files of our tutors' Lecture Notes
- Webinars recorded by our tutors on key topics or of our Cambridge evening lectures
- Podcasts of lectures for you to listen to in your own time
- Past exam papers, assignments, selected specimen answers and examiners' reports
- Hotlinks to Marketing sites around the world and supporting sites for recommended textbooks
- Blog and Twitter for up-to-the-minute ideas and marketing news
- LinkedIn Delegate Group - which allows you to form online syndicate groups or local support groups and ask questions
Free attendance at Revision Sessions - for modules assessed by exam.
Free attendance at an Analysis & Decision Weekend - in Cambridge for Postgraduate Diploma delegates.
A key benefit of studying by distance learning with us is that we also teach courses throughout the year. If you want additional tuition and are able to travel to one of our Study Centres you can upgrade and attend taught sessions for all or some of your modules. Upgrading to taught sessions costs just £100 + VAT per day.
You should allow between 8 and 12 hours a week for home study if studying by distance learning.
"Study materials arrived almost by return of post, and the material is great. You are just brilliantly organised."
" Really effective way to study. I feel very well supported by tutor and CMC."
Distance Learning Delegate
The Evening Programme is available for the CIM Professional Certificate, Professional Diploma and Diploma in Digital Marketing in Cambridge and London, and the Professional Services Specialist Pathways in London. The Programme provides up to 18 months of support giving you plenty of flexibility over the speed of your studies. You study one module each term and attend one evening a week for 8 weeks, completing your whole course in 12 to 15 months. However, if you want to complete more quickly or if you find that work demands mean regular attendance becomes a problem you can opt to take modules by Distance Learning or the Executive Weekend Programme. This means the attendance requirement is reduced to a minimum and study can be undertaken at home.
The Programme includes:
- 8 evening classes per module taught between 18.00 and 20.15 (20.00 in London)
- Tea/Coffee and light refreshments at each class
- Study Guides for each module, printed and available electronically allowing onscreen reading, annotation and highlighting
- Handbooks and text books
- Revision sessions for examined subjects
- Exam technique sessions and assignment briefings
You should allocate between 6 and 10 hours home study a week for each module during your course.
"Studying through evening classes ensured that I remained motivated and guaranteed that I allocated time to my studies. In addition it was good to share discussions and network with other students. I most enjoyed discussing real life examples and also preparing the case study for the exam."
"I have recommended the Marketing College to colleagues. I rate the tutors as first class. The weekly evening classes were well organised and delivered to a high standard. The support from all tutors during assignment submission and exam prep was excellent."
The Executive Weekend Programme is designed for delegates who have very busy work schedules but want face to face tuition in order to get the most from their studies. Support is provided for up to 24 months. Each weekend is taught by a specialist tutor who is also available via the telephone, mail or email to answer questions and mark draft assignments. Delegates should allocate between 6 and 10 hours for home study per module each week for the duration of the course.
The Programme includes:
- Two-day (Saturday and Sunday) taught weekends for each module at our Executive Training Centre
- Lunch and refreshments on each day of the weekend session
- Optional ensuite overnight accommodation
- College Study Guides printed and available electronically
- A set of Handbooks for the course
- Specialist Tutors for each module who will agree a work programme and assignment schedule personally with you
- Revision Courses for exams
- Exam Technique Sessions and Assignment Briefings
Online support through the College website with:
– LinkedIn Delegate Group, group tutorials and personal tutor contact
- Study Support for up to 24 months
Membership of the College Alumni Association
Our Executive Weekend Timetable can be seen here
"Excellent weekend session. The tutor really gets the group talking and engaging in relevant, informative debate/discussion. I really felt I learned a lot from the session and am able to prepare for the exam."
"Loved the course, the materials and the weekend sessions were fantastic"
Executive Weekend Delegates
Invest in your team, develop their skills, improve their performance and agility. Get your team working together!
Would you like to have one of our training events take place in house? If you are thinking of booking a training event for six or more people, it may be more cost effective to arrange for one of our experienced trainers to come to you.
We are happy to design an event tailored to your needs. We can simply run the content from an open training event at your premises or tailor a syllabus specifically to suit your organisation.
Click here for an in-House Delegate profile
As delegates are continually stretched to work longer hours, standard evening classes can be near impossible for many busy executives, and work free weekends with time to relax can be a luxury. Consequently, we offer Saturday Seminars at several Study Centres instead of evening classes or full taught weekends.
These classes provide up to 18 months support with high quality tutoring at a convenient time: seminars are held on Saturdays for each module spread over 12 months. Classes start at 9.30am, conclude at 5pm and take place once every three to four weeks, leaving enough weekend for rest and relaxation. Timetabling is organised so that you can study for one or two modules for each assessment period taking a year to complete the course, or spread your studies. Delegates on the Saturday Seminars receive books, study guides and access to our Delegate Learning Zone so that you do not have to spend time and resources in finding the right materials. All are delivered to your workplace.
This convenient and cost-effective study option includes:
- Attendance at taught Saturday Seminars for each module of your course
- Lunch and refreshments on each day of the seminars
- College Study Guides printed and available electronically for each module
- A set of Handbooks and/or Textbooks
- Specialist tutors for each course
- Revision sessions for examined modules
- Exam Technique Seminars and assignment briefings
Online support through the College website with:
– Podcasts & videos
– LinkedIn Delegate Group, webinars and personal tutor contact
- Support for up to 18 months
- Membership of the College Alumni Association
As a guide you should allow between 6 and 10 hours home study per week for each module being studied.
"Excellent tutor. Informative, professional, relevant, up to date examples, kept attention and made it interesting!"
Since the College was founded in 1991 we have grown to become the largest marketing college in Europe with a wide network of distance and overseas delegates from over 100 different countries around the world. Click here to find out more.
As our reputation overseas has grown we have developed a range of study options to meet the wide ranging needs of delegates studying around the world. We call this our World Service. We have also established overseas distance learning study centres in Europe, The Middle East and The Far East.
Kiran Kapur, our Distance Learning Course Director, explains our World Service programme:
We have 2 Study Options for our World Service plus a range of optional extras so that you get exactly the right support for you. Both options allow you to start your studies when you want, choose when and where you want to study and set your own pace.
Option 1: World Service – 18 months support
This option provides delegates with unlimited access by Email to a dedicated specialist tutor for each module of your course for up to 18 months. Our tutors are practising marketing professionals who bring both teaching skills and current business skills to our courses. They will answer questions which arise during your studies, and provide examples and guidance on additional resources. This option also includes access to live webinars with tutors and other delegates which run throughout the year. Timetables are provided on the College website and you can book your place on the webinars you want to join on-line. To take a tour of our Delegate Learning Zone click here
Option 2: World Service - Modular 6 months support
This option provides the same level of support as Option 1 but gives you more flexibility to spread the cost and pace of your studies. Support for each module is for up to 6 months and costs start from £300 dependent on level. To apply for single modules please complete the appropriate application form indicating the module you wish to study.
Both options also include the following:
Course Director Support
We have an experienced Distance Learning Course Director, Kiran Kapur, who provides support to all distance learning and overseas delegates. Kiran‘s role is to help you get started, work out a personal study plan, be there to answer questions and help you keep your studies on track. This support is in addition to personal tutor support for each module of your course.
Study Guides and Handbooks
Over the years we have developed a high quality set of Study Guides, compiled with leading publishers. They are complete with a step by step guide to the syllabus, real life examples, self test exercises and related assignments. They are downloadable and use the latest Adobe E-Book Reader software allowing onscreen reading, highlighting, and annotation - making them a truly portable resource. Alternatively you can download and print them. In addition the College has published a set of 11 Handbooks written by tutors and leading marketing practitioners which are provided as EBooks.
We have been at the forefront in developing on-line delegate support. The delegate section of our website provides you with access to:
- tutor course notes and slides
- past exam papers and assignments,selected specimen answers and examiners reports
- a research facility including hotlinks to journals, other marketing organisations and useful websites
- podcasts of Cambridge evening lectures freely available to download
- webinars or on-line tutorials which can be attended live or re-visited
- LinkedIn Group for delegates enabling you to ask questions and form real or virtual study groups
- Cambridge Marketing Review - the quarterly journal published by the College
We know from experience that everyone has different learning styles and study preferences. Our ability to offer flexible choices to meet delegates needs has been one of the key drivers of our success. Consequently you may select any of the additional optional extras listed below if they are not part of your chosen World Service Option. And you do not have to decide everything in advance – you can request additional support as and when you need it. The extra support options are:
- More time – if you need more time to complete your studies you can extend the period of your tutor support on a module by module basis.
- More tutor support - if you want more tutor support for all or any of your modules you can upgrade at anytime to have additional one to one tutoring. We can arrange audio or video sessions with your tutor for any or all of your modules. You will only have to pay for the time you actually use.
- Taught Sessions – if you are able to travel and decide during your studies that you would like to upgrade to attend a taught weekend in the UK you may do so for any or all of your modules.